Engage: To take part or participate.
Membership at The Refuge Church is all about partnering together as a community to create opportunities for people to meet Jesus. Membership is not a requirement but if you decide to call The Refuge Church your home we do require you to ENGAGE in our community and in our mission of sharing the greatest message on the planet! We will partner with you to make involvement easy! Our membership process is called ENGAGE.
Here’s the basics:
ENGAGE in Conversations!
The Refuge Church exists to reach out to people, love them, and lead them to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. So if you feel like you’re ready to call The Refuge Church your home then we want you to have the focus of sharing Jesus with others. Mark 16:15 reminds us that as followers of Jesus we should have a focus of sharing the good news of Jesus everywhere we go. So getting out there and sharing what Christ has done in your life is important and should be a focus. A way we can partner together is sharing Christ with others is to invite people to The Refuge Church. Think of those around you; neighbors, co-workers, peers, classmates, family, people who sit next to you in the car pool; build relationships and invite them. We will do our best at reaching them with the gospel by creating relevant, engaging environments where people can hear from God and where the gospel will be shared!
ENGAGE in Community!
Life groups provide encouragement, accountability, a deeper look into the Bible, and a safe place to be honest with where you are in life so that through this smaller community, you can have the opportunity for God to work in your life! So in order for membership to be an option we want you to join a life group! Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 = strength in numbers!
ENGAGE in Serving!
The music is great, the message is bold but what do we hear about the most; stories about our volunteers. The smile that brightened a sad man’s day, the extra hand the single mom needed, the kind word the lonely student longed to hear; these simple acts are what makes us The Refuge Church! Volunteers create the WOW experience. Everyone has been given gifts that are to be used for the glory of God and we are called to use those to make an impact (1 Peter 4:10)! We want to help you develop your gifts through volunteering. Each volunteer role is crucial and important as they all work together as one to create opportunities for people to hear from God. Being a member at The Refuge Church means becoming a partner in ministry!
ENGAGE in Giving!
2 Corinthians 9:7 says, “You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” We aren’t about pressuring anyone to give. As a church we want to be generous in giving. The Refuge Church gives 10 percent of all offerings to our Mercy With A Mission Team to go right back out into the community to help those in need. Since we are leading in this example we ask that all of our members do the same. Not because we want you to, but because God generously gave to all of us. In response we worship Him with all that we are. Giving is a part of that worship. We give back to Him so that he can reach further into our community with His message of hope. Financially supporting the work God is doing through The Refuge Church is ENGAGING with us!
- 2525.November.WednesdayNo events
- 2626.November.ThursdayNo events
- 2727.November.FridayNo events
- 2828.November.Saturday5444 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesOpen to all men, series study will follow after.5444 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesA Man and His Work is the 4th Volume in the Authentic Manhood - 33 Series.For more information or to sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to see Video trailers for the volume as well as explore ones to come.5444 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesFinancial Peace is offered on Saturdays and Sundays.If you would like more information about the class please email email@example.com.
- 2929.November.Sunday6301 Campus Drive, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesAll are Welcome!Team meets at the picnic tables outside to the left of the building entrance. If weather does not permit prayer team will move inside and meet behind the curtain where service is held.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.6301 Campus Drive, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesGifts can begin to be turned in today! If you have any questions please email email@example.comMeeting at St. Michaels today. For more info email PastorBob@refugeva.org5444 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA, United StatesClass meets at CORTEKFor more information please email Katie Stinar at, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3030.November.MondayNo events